Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Results- Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils

My most recent review was for Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils. I did a full review of  the product line and posted it on this blog and my YouTube channel. The last step and product in the line is the Curl La La: Defining Curl Custard. After applying the custard, I twisted my hair in three strand twists and it remained that way for about three or four days. I did add moisture to my hair, using a simple oil and water spritz, which is a part of my routine. Now this is where it turns, I had to undo my twists, and when I untwisted my hair it was very, very soft. My hair felt like cotton, but it was also very tangled like balls of cotton. I had to detangle with my life saving concoction of water, oil, and conditioner to retwist for the night. My roots were like tied knots as if there had been a crew of knot fairies working overtime.  Because I have many dense textures, having to detangle is not only a hassle but it can lead to breakage and damage to my strands, which should be avoided in any healthy hair regimen.

Now, for the good part. There are curlies that need softening. They need products that not only work but make or keeps the hair soft. This is a perfect product for them. However I have not given up on the product.  I am going to use it in my regimen as my twisting cream, proceeded by the LOC method. Because this product offers medium hold and good definition, I definitely want to see how it works with the LOC method. I am also going to reuse the entire line and add my butter mix (O) and the Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter (C) in between the Aunt Jackie's Knot On My Watch (L), and the Aunt Jackie's Curl la la(S). I hope I will see more satisfactory results.

No comments:

Post a Comment